Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was exciting for the kids! Lindsey was the first one to wake up at 5:50 a.m. We had told the kids that we had to wait until 7:00 a.m. to go downstairs. When Lindsey came into my room, she crawled into bed with me and I told her to wake me up at 6:40. At 6:40, on the dot, she woke me back up. She laid there and watched the clock. We all gathered in my parents room at 7:00 and began Christmas morning.
The kids were all so happy and had a great time. The happiest moment was when Jack pulled a whoopie cushion out of his stocking. It was the only thing he had asked for and was thrilled to get it! The kids were all so great and it was amazing to be surrounded by such great family. After we ate breakfast, we exchanged gifts with each other. The kids had gotten one another gifts and it was cute to see them excited to give their gifts away. (This was a tradition that I grew up with. Each kid was able to go Christmas shopping with my mom and pick out gifts for each other. So, this year, I took each of them to either the dollar store or $1 section of Target).
The kids were pleasantly surprised to receive a Wii from my brothers Richard & Peter and my sister Becky. They have loved playing it and we were so grateful for the kindness and generosity of their aunt & uncles. Thank you, thank you!!!
My grandma and Aunt Camille came over after that and we enjoyed gift exchanging with them as well. They surprised my mom with a new 42" flat screen tv! She was shocked! We had a yummy Christmas dinner, relaxed for the rest of the day and even got out the sewing machine that night.
What a wonderful day to reflect on the birth of the Savior, His life, His example, His teachings & His sacrifice! We hope that each of you had a joyful Christmas as well!

$0.52 worth of pure pleasure

My brother Peter with Hannah



The sign of a good Christmas - coloring on the floor

2 comments:

Debbie said...

sounds like you had a wonderful xmas!!! we miss you guys!!! can't wait for you to be closer to us :)

Kirsten said...

I am glad you guys had such a fun Christmas. I know it has been a while since you have been able to be home and I am so glad you guys enjoyed everything! I bet your parents were in heaven too!

I think that is so stinkin cute that the kids had homemade jammies but even cuter that your mom and Becky did too! (Did you and Jon get some too?) ;-) That is so fun!!!!

It's good to have you back!!! Not good...wonderful, fabulous, etc! We have some fun plans coming up that I am looking forward to!