Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas with friends

We have had a great December so far (with more yet to come as we go visit family!). We got to celebrate Christmas with two of our great friends this last week. We celebrated Christmas with our friends the Larson's. (And stupidly, I didn't take any pictures). The kids had a great time playing together and eating dinner together. For part of my gift, my friend Becky gave me 3 whole hours all to myself! Wow! It was great! I took the kids to her house on Saturday morning. Doug took Lindsey to basketball practice and the kids all had a great time. They played, made cookies and tried to keep Hannah happy! (Again Becky, I'm sorry she wasn't very good for some of it - she got a stern lecture when she got home). But me? I had an even GREATER time!!!! I had my sewing machine out and sewed and sewed. I had forgotten how much I can get done in a 3 hour block of time with no interruptions! It was wonderful - thank you so much again!

Then we also celebrated Christmas with the Rasmussens! Another WOW! We went over to their house, we visited, the kids played, we ate dessert and exchanged gifts. We seriously have the greatest friends! Kirsten also had my kids earlier that day while I had a root canal re-done (and it's still not finished). She managed to dip pretzels while holding Hannah and then kept Jack and Kate for extra hours - this time I got packing done! Thank you guys so much for having us over, for the amazing gifts and for EVERYTHING!

Happy, excited kids (all 9 of them)!


Kate (with a new haircut) excited about a Charlie Brown book (she had just told me the other day that her favorite people were Dora, Diego and Charlie Brown)




Best Buddies

Poor Ammon - he always ends up with lame Disney on Ice tickets

Best Buddies




5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, Friends are so fun!! Christmas is so fun!! We just wish we could have been there in Columbus with you guys partying! Thank you for the Christmas Card!! I loved it!! You guys have such a fun family!

Shauna said...

Stopping by to wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Becca said...

Oh Jeanette, you are a doll...We are all feeling better now. Thank goodness...but I think we should get together...are you in Salt Lake? We are going to Temple Square tomarrow night...We should meet up or you guys are totally welcomed to come here and we can play games and hang out...Let me know!!

Kirsten said...

We miss you guys!! Hopefully you are having fun and enjoying being with family!

Thanks again for such a fun evening. Once again you spoiled us with some incredible gifts. Thank you, thank you for the incredible quilt. We will treasure it forever. You are incredible the way you get everything done!!!!!

This is some stuff and more that Jeannette did in December: several homemade Christmas cards, seven scrapbooked calendars, a quilt and a half, took each of her kids shopping for gifts, plus a mom to five kids!! (I know there is about a gazillion things more too) You go girl!! Thanks again for EVERYTHING!

Have a great time! Merry Christmas!

Kirsten said...

(This comment is for Emily)

Emily-thanks so much for all the sweet Christmas gifts. You are too cute and generous and did such a good job with everyone's gift. Thanks for being so sweet and thoughtful. We love you tons!