Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Eve

We had a wonderful Christmas - as usual! What a special treat to be with family and loved ones again (we hadn't been home for Christmas for about 4 years). Because of snow and closed interstates, we stayed in Salt Lake (rather than traveling to Oregon) and we had a great time.

My parents always start out Christmas Eve festivities by visiting my grandparent's graves. Hannah, Kate, my parents and I went to my Grandma and Grandpa Sorenson's graves first. Jay and Jeannette (who I was named after) are amazing people that I look forward to meeting some day. My grandpa died when my dad was in the MTC (when it was actually called the LTM) and then my grandma died shortly after he returned. Then we all went to visit my Grandpa Clyde's grave. He died when I was 6. I still remember him and love him dearly.

Then we headed to my grandma Clyde's and aunt's house for Christmas Eve dinner. I was able to see my aunt and cousins that I hadn't seen for several years and we had a wonderful dinner together. (Thank you Aunt Camille for making us feel right at home and for the yummy dinner).

Afterwards, we came back to my parent's house to read the Nativity story and then the kids were able to open new Christmas pajamas that my mom had made. They were so excited and have loved wearing them!

We put the kids to bed, who amazingly all stayed in bed, as they anxiously awaited Santa's arrival with threats of him not coming, fresh on their minds. We did let Emily get out of bed and join us for a white elephant exchange and game night with our cousins. She thought that was such a treat and was so cute. It was a great night and we have such fun memories of it.

The kids with Becky (and her matching pajama pants)

3 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Aren't Christmas Eve jammies the best? Your family is as cute as ever!

Debbie said...

love the pjs!

emilyf said...

wow, she MADE those pjs? I saw them in the earlier posts and was very impressed by their cuteness. That's awesome. It was so great to have you guys over that Monday evening for Christmas Take Two! :) Those finger foods were fun, too!