Thursday, December 11, 2008

Job Offer!

We've known for a little while and some of you already know, but Jon got an offer from an ER group in Utah and he has accepted the offer. We feel so blessed to have a job, especially in today's economy and feel very grateful for the particular group that he'll be working for. It is very bittersweet to know of our move back to Utah! We are so thrilled to be moving back home and back to our wonderful families! Oh, how we have missed them these last 6 1/2 years! Our kids will be able to be near cousins and have grandparents cheering them on at games, events, and activities. BUT, it is with heavy hearts that we think about moving away from the wonderful land of Ohio!

For those who don't know, I served my mission for our church in Columbus, Ohio and came to love this great land and people many years ago. Coming back and living here again has been greater than I ever could have imagined. It is a wonderful place to raise a family and we have been so happy here. We have met some of our dearest friends, who we'll just always consider family from now on! We have seen our children turn down going to birthday parties because they were on Sundays. We've welcomed three of our five babies while we've been here. We love this place and will enjoy every moment we have left. I hope that we are leaving Ohio a little bit better of a place!

Anyway, we're excited and sad! Excited to be moving on to the next phase of our lives - which has taken us nearly 10 years to get to - and sad to be closing another chapter in our lives.

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats! That is so exciting and so sad for the great Riverside Ward. Another great family lost - but we will gladly take you here. So, there is a lot NEXT DOOR TO US - waiting for you, just to let you know. (hint, hint) Harvest Park 5th ward has a nice ring to it, doncha think???

sixmoores said...

My mom had just told me the good news...how fun!

CamilleJohnFam said...

I'm so thrilled for you all! I think there have been many lives blessed by your being in OH~ Good luck getting all in order! and a huge congratulations! You are at the end of a very long road!

Maya said...

Congrats! When are you moving? And to where in UT?

Anonymous said...

it is always hard to leave a place. but i am excited you will be back..i can see you. ;) where you moving to? when? i miss you.

Ryan Cowley said...

Congratulations. That is so exciting! I hope all goes well for you in your move. I bet your families are thrilled to be able to have your cute little family closer.

Angie said...

Congrats! How wonderful to be by family again. That's something I hope happens for us. We only lived in Ohio for two years, but we can't get it out of our minds. There really is something special about Columbus!

Debbie said...

I know how this feels... Leaving the best ward ever. But I am so excited that you will be closer to us :) YEAH!!!!! Where in Utah are you going?

Kirsten said...

I think I am the only one NOT excited for you guys about this!!! ;-) I have been trying to avoid this post like the plague!!

Ok, that being said, congrats to you guys on a job well done and ending up in the spot that you have been wanting since the beginning. I am excited for the new adventures that lie ahead for you guys and your family. How fun that your kids will know what it is like to have family attend their activities, and actual holidays at home with grandparents. That is so exciting and the hospital will be gaining a great doctor with Jon.

Good luck with everything in the next few months-all the new decisions and house buying!!!, you know all the grown up things!!! ;-)We are going to miss you guys. I can honestly say Ohio will miss your sweet family but Utah will be gaining a great thing. Please let me know how I can help or watch your kids as you prepare for this. Especially if you and Jon need to head to Utah for a couple of days.

We love you guys! Congrats again! You deserve everything and more. Here's to making these next six months memorable! ;-)

Buckeye Bergs said...

congrats! We'll have to come see you in Utah.

The Lilly's said...

That's wonderful, congratulations! I can see how it would be hard to leave Ohio after all these years, but those of us here in Utah will be thrilled to have you back!

megadog said...

Good job to Jon. It's been a lot of hard work and seems like forever that you've been gone. Wonderful news for all of us.

Jessika said...

My goodness! Yea for you! And yea for Jon getting a job. Not gonna lie, that part is so scary for me... in about a year I'll be applying for a job for really the first time ever! But Congrats! I'm sure Ohio will miss you terribly. But Utah will be so lucky to have you back.