Monday, September 7, 2009

Clyde Family Reunion

On Saturday, we had a Clyde Family Reunion at our house and it was so much fun! My mom's maiden name is Clyde, so this reunion was her mom and all of her sisters. Her dad passed away almost 30 years ago and it became a great time to think about him and remember his legacy, as well as celebrate the lives of those he loved the most.

We gathered for pictures (complete with lei's to celebrate my grandpa - who served his mission in Hawaii and LOVED the Hawaiian people), had a BBQ, played games, visited, reminisced about memories, and even got to listen to a recording of my grandpa singing. What a great evening!!

My grandma with her girls - Corinne, Claudia, Clarese & Camille

Six of my grandma's grandchildren - Row 1: Becky & Mike (Mike is holding a picture that was taken back in 1990 of all 14 of her grandchildren). Row 2: Richard, me, Kerra, grandma & Peter)


8 of my grandma's great-grandchildren (Emily, Lindsey, Jack, Kate & Hannah Bowen and Madisen, Arrek & Julia Werner)

The Sorenson & Bowen Clan (this is the only picture Jon is seen in as he was at work and then slipped into the house to watch the BYU/Oklahoma game. He is one happy man!)

The Talbot/Werner Clan - they drove up from Southern Utah for this and we appreciated it so much!

Peter, Hannah & my grandma

And....

Guess who learned how to walk and who cut her first tooth - all in the same week?

.....HANNAH!!!



And guess who is really proud of her?


HER MAMA!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture of you and Hannah is priceless...i love it. So, when are we getting together? email me...we need to catch up...do dinner...something...angelhep@hotmail.com

Kelsi said...

Those are the best kind of get togethers! Really cute pictures.

Noakes said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. It is fun to be able to stay up to date with you guys now that you are even farther away. I LOVE the picture of you and Hannah - and thanks for reminding me that I need to actually get some of me with my babe. Now I'm off to update my blog...nah, just go to bed for now -maybe someday soon??