Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goodnight Kate

Jon and I have a frequent visitor in our bed....her name is Kate! We have had to shift Kate around a little bit with our move. She started by sleeping in the same room as Hannah, but we felt like Hannah's occasional crying in the night would wake up Kate. So, we moved her into the room that Emily & Lindsey share. But, this hasn't stopped her from frequently making her way into our room during the night. She usually just comes to my side of the bed and if I happen to wake up and ask her what's wrong, she simply replies "Bad dream" and climbs in. If I don't wake up, she just crawls in. Every once in awhile, she'll wake me up and say "thirsty" which is Kate's way of saying "Get out of bed and go get me a drink of water."
The other night when Jon got home at some wee hour of the morning, I heard him start to laugh. I asked him what was so funny and he said "Kate just blends in with the bed." Sure enough, with her blond hair and light yellow pajamas, you could hardly tell she was there.
Then, a few days ago, I had run on an errand and left Jack and Kate home with Jon. When I got home, I realized they had made a bed in our bathtub. Jack and Kate were making all sorts of plans on who would get to sleep there first. At bedtime that night, after saying prayers, Kate bolted to our room and this is what I found....

After a few minutes, she decided that her bed would be more comfortable. Oh Kate, you're just so cute! You crack us up!!

2 comments:

The Lilly's said...

Alex is our version of Kate. Let me know if you come up with any bright ideas to keep her in her bed. It's hard when they're so darn cute though, isn't it?

Debbie said...

oh my heck she is soooo cute...we have two little ones now climbing into our bed...molly never wanted to sleep with anyone, well lately she has been sneaking in the morning and sometimes lily is already there so we end up with 4 of us in a queen...they are only little for so long...then pierce had a bad dream and he wanted to get into bed with us...