Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lindsey's birthday

Lindsey started her birthday day bright and early!! She was up by 6:30 that morning and anxious to open her gifts. She gets so excited and could hardly stand to wait. Her original plan was to open one gift before school and then open the rest afterwards. But, as usual, they were all opened by the time she left for school. She got a new scooter, a hula hoop (which we already need to replace) and some Easy Bake oven refills.

That night, we had a birthday dinner for both her and my brother, Peter (who's birthday is the day before Lindsey's). Lindsey had chosen stuffed shells (an awesome recipe from my friend Rachel L.) and everything tasted so good. We sat and visited and then played a game of Ticket to Ride.




I was making dinner and needed about 10 minutes to finish. All I could think of to do with this child was to give her an Oreo cookie and strap her in her booster seat. I did get my 10 minutes, as well as a huge clean up job!




Lindsey (with her cake - white cake/frosting with Mr. Goodbar on top) and Uncle Peter (with german chocolate cake).


And this guy.....this wonderful guy is always so willing to keep an eye on Hannah and keep her out of trouble so that I can enjoy events! Love you dad!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Lindsey! I am honored that you would choose stuffed shells for your birthday dinner!

pamela said...

love the oreo cookie picture! so cute.