Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Festival of Trees

I used to love the Festival of Trees as a little girl and hadn't been for years and years!! For those that aren't from Salt Lake, it's an annual fund raiser for Primary Children's Hospital. Businesses and individuals decorate and donate hundreds of trees. Buyers bid on and pay for these beautiful trees and all the money goes to the Children's Hospital. They display the trees for a few days before they are delivered to the buyers.

The other night, Jon was at work, and I decided to take the kids (knowing that I would meet Becky and Candy there). The worst part was finding parking - holy cow! I think everyone arrived at 7:00 p.m! We found a spot and started walking up and down the aisles. There were some fantastic trees! The Grinch tree

Jazz tree

The BYU tree


And my personal favorite...the "I Love Lucy" tree



There were a few trees that hadn't sold yet, including a Tinker Bell tree and the kids begged me to buy it. Not for $350 (although that seemed cheap after we saw the $3500 Star Wars tree still for sale)! Kate was upset that I told her no and I think purposely walked away from us. I noticed her gone about 30 seconds later and Becky and Candy quickly searched for her and found her. This was her look when Candy brought her back. Kate HATES being lost, so it was ironic that she did it to herself.


At one point, Hannah decided it was funner to push the stroller than ride in it.


We had a great time and we loved being with Becky and Candy! My kids just laugh and laugh with their two fun aunts.


Candy, Me and Becky

5 comments:

Candy said...

Official! I made the Bowen blog with 2 pictures..... incredible. I love it. When are we going to see you guys again? Festival was fun. Mike was bummed he missed out. Hope everything is good... Love your buns!

Candy

Becky Sorenson said...

I love the festival and glad I got to go twice this year...poor Kate when she got lost :) It was fun as always sis!

Debbie said...

oh that looks like so much fun and i love "i love lucy" too!!! miss you...

sixmoores said...

Sooo fun! I love the festival of trees in SLC. When you have time will you send me your address?

Kirsten said...

What a fun place!!! You have remembered and found so many fun things since being back in Utah! Gardner Villiage, this, etc. What a fun place and to find an I Love Lucy tree too...how cool!!!!

That's too bad about Kate getting lost but tell her it must be a bonding thing with her redheaded twin because we lost Hailey at the Polar Express (she wandered off again and took a left when we took a right). I ran trying to find her for a good five minutes and did right as the conductor was making an annoucement about her over all the train cars. How embarrassing!!! Tell Kate nothing's changed...nothing's changed! ;-) Luv you guys!