Monday, January 12, 2009

3:45 a.m.

So...as I get ready for bed, I am wondering if I will be woken up at 3:45 a.m. The reason I wonder, is that for the last two nights, Jack has come into our room at exactly 3:45. On Sunday morning, he came in and asked for a bucket. That got me out of bed quick! I went and got him a bucket and he seemed fine with just being put back in his bed. I went back to my bed and went back to sleep. Then when I went to wake him up to get ready for Church, I asked him how he was doing. He said that he had thrown up. Sure enough, in his bucket, was throw up. I guess he had done it and then just fell back asleep. (I must say as a parent, a great milestone is getting your children to get all of their throw up into a bucket!).

Then last night, he came in again at 3:45 a.m. This time, he came to me and said "My armpits hurt." So, I got out of bed, gave him some Motrin and put him back to bed again, not really understanding how someone's armpits could hurt. After about 45 seconds, he came back into my room to tell me that the medicine didn't work. I put him in bed with me and asked him to show me where it hurt. He pointed to each of his armpits and then he kept wiggling in pain. So, back out of bed to heat up a heating pad. (It's a bag with rice that I just heat up in the microwave). I put one side under each of his arms, kissed him goodnight and went to the couch to finish the night's sleep. He was all better by morning, with no complaint of armpit pain.

Weird! Here goes another attempt at sleep....

3 comments:

lisa h. said...

good luck!

Becca said...

Oh I'm sorry he's been up at night...I agree with you, It's so nice when they can aim their throw up!! It makes it soooooo much better!! I'm glad he's feeling better though! I think it's funny how kids have built in clocks...after Kolby broke his wrist he didn't sleep very good, but every morning at 5:45 he would wake up and want a bottle and to cuddle, then he would fall right back asleep....I'm glad he's over that now!!! Hey you left a comment on my blog about wanting to skip 2009...what happened...I'm anxiously waiting!! I hope everything is ok!! You guys are so cute!!

Becky Sorenson said...

ha ha..."My armpits hurt"..that's a new one! I love that boy!