Monday, January 26, 2009

Food Choices

We have started to give Hannah some baby food. She'll be 6 months old this week and has started to get up once a night again (which is so typical of my babies - they sleep great, like 10 or 11 hours - and then they get their first cold and they get back up once a night until they are completely weaned). So, we have been trying to get more food in her belly during the day. She took a couple of bites of rice cereal, but then clinched her mouth shut and wouldn't take any more. We tried again and the same thing happened. This happened for about 4 days. Then, last night, Jon fed her some mashed potatoes for dinner. She loved them and kept opening her mouth every time he offered her some. I tried rice cereal again for lunch - denied! What a funny baby!

This is after a taste of rice cereal

This is Hannah refusing to eat any more

She'll happily try pretend food though


Oh, so cute!

10 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Maybe I just need to try mashed potatoes! Actually, we did FINALLY get our Hannah to eat rice cereal! Yippee! Aren't they so fun?!

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SO CUTE! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BIG SHE IS. I DONT BLAME HER ON THE RICE CEREAL.

megadog said...

Addie never would eat baby food. She was munchin' on burgers and fries and wouldn't touch rice cereal.
I guess she knows what's good already.

Maya said...

i can't believe she's 6 months old already!

Becky Sorenson said...

Oh I LOVE her!! She is so cute...have another one!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

I LOVE rice cereal...really I do eat it, but Kathryn will not eat it. At all. Maybe I should try mashed potatoes. She's so cute!

Em said...

She is getting so big. She is just adorable. I loved the picture of her with her mouth closed TIGHT.

Kirsten said...

She is really sooo cute and good natured! I loved that she clamped her mouth shut. That is so funny...she wanted the good stuff! I would too! ;-) I can't believe she is almost six months old now. Time is flying by too fast!

Debbie said...

she is soooo cute!!!

pamela said...

perhaps she just needs real food. go straight for the hard stuff hannah!