Friday, January 16, 2009

Kate's Birthday Party

In between near-head injuries and the flu, we managed to have a Dora & Diego birthday party for Kate. It was great that she is only three so that we could do the simplest party in history. She invited her little preschool friends - Hailey, Emily, Calder, and Eliza - and her cousin Kyle.

Jon was at work, so my three older kids helped me do it. We had the kids come and play with Kate's Dora toys for a few minutes. Then, we had set up a little tent and I read them a Dora story and then took turns letting them tell their own stories. I would read them the beginning of a line and they would make up the rest of the sentence. During this, Kate was begging me to let her open her presents, so we let her do that next. She was really excited and happy about all of them.

Then we had cake and icecream and then the kids played again! Talk about easy! Kate loved it (thus not making me feel guilty over the simpleness of the party). Kate has really cute friends and it was fun to have them over!

Kate with her Diego cake

Cute kids - Emily, Hailey, Kate, Eliza & Calder

Telling stories


Making a wish!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Man, these kids were just babies when I left. Sniff, sniff. TELL THEM TO STOP IT!!!!

Debbie said...

most of my bdays are like this...simple!!!! tonight pierce finally celebrated his bday party, baseball, pizza and movie...
happy bday kate!

Kirsten said...

Kate's birthday was so cute! I loved the story telling idea. I bet they loved their little moment in the spotlight. I think it is so cute just how much she likes Dora!!! You did such a cute job on everyone's parties this year. You get to take your breather now!!

Anonymous said...

i am making my blog private, if you would like access, please email me at angelhep@hotmail.com and ill send you an invite

heather

AnnDee said...

I've been a slacker on my blogging watching. But, I love to read your posts! Your kids are so cute. I am really impressed Jack got his throw up in the bucket and that his armpits stopped hurting. :) Good for kate to get rid of the binkie -- it's so great to have -- it's worth the 3 nights of no sleep when you had 3 wonderful quiet years!!
oh -- I love the Christmas picture in your heading of all 5 of them -- what a gang you have!! Impressive and adorable!

megadog said...

Happy birthday to that cute little girl. Sometimes the simple parties are the best ones!

Kelsi said...

She is so adorable. I love her blonde hair. Happy Birthday!!

emilyf said...

I'm so glad I finally go to meet this kid at a time where she doesn't sleep and poop full time. She's such a cutie! And the simpler...the better! :)