Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh 2009....

....I know that there will be many great things that happen in 2009, but it's been a little rough so far! I don't want to complain, but I'm going to for a minute. I've been back from Utah for a week and a half and in that time -

* A good friend was hospitalized at 24 weeks along in her pregnancy and will probably be there until she delivers.
* Another good friend's mother and sister were in a car accident. Her mother was killed and her sister is in the ICU in critical condition.
* Jon's wallet was stolen.
* Jack and Lindsey were hit with the flu (but thankfully it was fast and only them).
* Kate fell during Emily's basketball game on Saturday and hit her head pretty hard. She threw up all over me and herself, but thankfully she was fine (and thankfully Sam's Club still lets you shop with throw up on your leg).
* Another friend's long-time dog passed away.

Okay, I'm done complaining. Here's to a wonderful, prosperous, happy 2009!!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Tell Rachel and Alex they are in our prayers. I read from the yahoo group what happened (see, I told you I cannot let go of Ohio). They probably don't remember us, but regardless, they are in our hearts, especially since she is only 3 weeks behind me. Here's to a better new year!!!

Becca said...

Oh it has been a rough year so far! I'm so sorry!! I'm praying for Rachel too..I don't know her very well, mostly thru yours and Kirsten's blogs, but we went to breakfast with her when I was in Ohio. I hope everything ends us ok!!! Keep me posted!!! This year will be full of lots of exciting changes for you guys!! We are sad for Ammon and Kirsten, but excited that you'll be closer to us! It'll be fun to hang out when you guys move to Utah!!! Good luck with everything!! Hang in there!

Debbie said...

That's not complaining!!!! Oh I am so sorry! I will keep you in my prayers...love ya!

Maren said...

I'm so sorry that your 2009 has gotten off to such a difficult start. I hope things turn around for the better. Thanks for finding my blog! It's so fun to see what you are up to.

Angie said...

Your year sounds like ours. We put an offer in on an amazing house for an amazing price and it was accepted. While the realtor was on her way with the papers in her hand for us to sign, someone offered them above the list price for the house, and they accepted theirs, after we had believed it was ours for two days. Then the night before we were supposed to go to AZ for Brian's brothers wedding the kids came down sick, and here I sit alone with 3 sick kids while Brian is at the wedding with family!