Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Fun

We had a really fun Easter weekend! We went to the Church on Saturday morning for an egg hunt that my good friend Kirsten put together. She had empty milk cartons for them to decorate like a bunny and then read them a couple of stories. Meanwhile, Becky, my other good friend, hid the eggs all over the gym. The kids could then go find 12 eggs each. It was low key, fast and they all had a great time. (Thank you so much Kirsten & Becky for all of your hard work putting this together and making it so great!)


On Saturday afternoon, we dyed Easter eggs. This is one of those activities that we only do for the few minutes of stressful fun that it is. We now have 18 hard-boiled eggs in our fridge that may or may not ever be eaten!




Emily and Lindsey helped me fill Easter baskets last night and then this morning, all the kids had to find them. They had a fun time and were excited for the candy. I got them all dressed for Church and actually got a couple of really great pictures of them. We had a good day at Church (Jon was able to make it for most of it as well) and great speakers in Sacrament meeting to help us feel the true spirit of Easter.




Then tonight we had Beth and Jeff and the Rasmussen's over for dinner. There is always a debate between Jon and I about appropriate Easter dinner food. I feel that ham and potatoes are the best. Jon feels that a big pot of chili is the best. It's all based on the way we grew up but I think every Easter dinner I've cooked, it's always been ham and potatoes. This year was no different - ham and potatoes is was! Kirsten made a cute, yummy bunny cake and she let the kids decorate it. They loved it and we had a great time!




5 comments:

Em said...

Cute cute pictures. Sounds like so much fun! Kids make everything so worth it.

Britain said...

How in the world does Kirsten find time to throw together parties with crafts and make bunny cakes? I am feeling very deflated.

Your kids look adorable, by the way.

Carrie said...

too cute for words! sounds like your spring break was better than ours! :)

AnnDee said...

My vote is Ham and Potatoes too!!! Cute kids. I'm sad I missed the easter egg hunt. It looked like fun!

pamela said...

ham and potatoes, that's just the way it is!