Friday, March 21, 2008

Jack's way of impressing girls

Jack really is a funny character and has a funny way of living life! He has a little friend, Brynlee, that he likes and has done a few things to try to impress her:

1. Whenever he sees her, he starts to talk about Star Wars. He was completely impressed the other day when he held up a Star Wars character and asked her who it was and she responded: "Obe-Won-Kan-Obe." The smile on his face didn't fade for a long time.

2. They were at a gymnastics class last week and the teachers had the kids take turns saying their name and what they wanted to be when they grew up. His turn came and he said "My name is Jack and I want to be a mailman." Now, who wouldn't be impressed by that?

3. At the same gymnastics class, he would wait for her to walk across the balance beam and then walk across a balance beam right across from it. He would wait for her to jump into the mat and then he'd jump next to her. When he walks across the beam, he looks like an old man. He hunches over and walks ever so slowly.

4. The other day in the car on the way to Indianapolis, I looked back and he had strung his gum across his face. When I suggested that he take it off before it left sticky marks, he told me he didn't want to take it off until he could show Brynlee. He must have wanted her to get an idea of what he would look like as an old man on oxygen.

Now Jack also has a little friend named Cecile. He and Cecile ride to preschool together and he's been known to tell her "my mom is going to make a million pies and I'm going to throw them in your face." Truly impressive! He also has started to save the top of pop cans because he said Cecile is collecting them. What a character!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love Jack! He is seriously the cutest kid-oxygen and all. Brynlee adores him like crazy and she even chanted today, "I'm going to marry Jack" over and over again. I hate to break it to you, but she is set on it! :) This post was super cute and we'll have to get Brynlee working on more of her Star Wars characters! ;-)

Britain said...

I am laughing so hard right now! What a cute kid.

The Lilly's said...

I seriously got scared when I first saw the picture of Jack. I thought, "oh my gosh, he must have to wear oxygen sometimes as a result from being a preemie!". I'm quite relieved (and feeling a little dumb) that it was only gum!!