Monday, March 10, 2008

"I Color Myself"



Kate is always a joy during Family Home Evening. Tonight I was telling the kids the story of the Brother of Jared and they were all listening so well. Kate first kept getting in the fridge and bringing in the 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk. Then, she found something else to do. She used a Sharpie to color her arm. When I realized what she had done, I asked her "Kate, what did you do?" She responded: "I color myself." It will take a few days for this to disappear. Scrubbing in the bath only lightened it slightly. What a kid!
Fun FHE idea: I told the story of the Brother of Jared and used peppermint mentos to represent the 16 stones that the Brother of Jared collected. The kids loved it and especially loved the minty treat!

7 comments:

Em said...

Cute idea for the family home evening. I love "color myself." Kids just tell it like it is.

Kirsten said...

Cute, cute idea!! We just read this story a couple of days ago and I wish I had thought of it. I'll have to remember this one! Sorry about the sharpie! Hopefully it didn't get on her clothes too! ;)

Kirsten said...

I did look at the picture again. Uh oh...did she get it on her shirt?!?! I detest Sharpies!!!! Maybe you'll have a boy and won't need girl clothes left from Kate for a while!!! ;) I know the feeling from Hailey and Karli! ;-)

Britain said...

She is your one child that I have never met in person, and each time you blog about her, I know that I am truly missing out! I would love to meet such a sneaky, lively little girl. She makes me smile!

pamela said...

oo..i love the idea for FHE.

sixmoores said...

Mike lets our kids color on his legs while he takes a nap. They will do it for an hour or so. Anything for a nap! I love the FHE idea.

AnnDee said...

Love the Emily's face in that shot. What a cutie -- at least it wasn't on the shirt?