Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break - Day Two

If you are a child in the Bowen family, today was probably the most boring spring break vacation day on record! Poor kids! They were SO, SO good though and I'm so proud of their attitudes. We did start the day with a fun activity of going to Kate's Mommy & Me class at the rec center and playing in the gymnastics room. The kids all loved it! (However, I forgot my camera)!

Then we came home and worked on laundry, had lunch and then they patiently played while I met with my visiting teaching coordinator. The word "Visiting Teaching" to Jack is like mentioning the need to have teeth pulled. (Whenever I tell him that we are going visiting teaching, he says "No, not visiting teaching!").

Then we found out Jon wasn't going to be home until late, so we ran to the grocery store and then took the van to Midas for a LOF. They were so patient waiting for that. Then we ate dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon, I gave them a bath and then piled them back in the car to head for a Stake training meeting. I was hoping the meeting would just be an hour or so, so I put them in the nursery and took a portable DVD player for them to watch a movie. Two hours after leaving them in the nursery, I picked them up. They had been so good and fended for themselves by coloring on coffee filters, writing messages on the chalkboard, doing every puzzle about 10 times and even making trips to the bathroom and drinking fountain. Lindsey even wiped Jack's bum!

I was so proud of them and it was such a blessing that they had such a good attitude about everything. Tomorrow we're headed to Indianapolis (about 3 hours away) to spend the day at the Children's Museum there, so they definitely earned that one. Anyway, we are very blessed with such great kids and I'm continually impressed by them.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You're so good. When I found out Rick wouldn't be home I decided to stay with my kids and put them to bed. Hope it was a good meeting.

The Lilly's said...

Oh my gosh, what cute costumes!! Knowing how talented you are, I'm sure you made them all too...you are amazing!

lisa h. said...

you can always call if you need (though i'm sick, so you probably wouldn't want them at my house last night). but really, i never mind watching kids, even at the last min. plus evan was up till 11pm last night. the dog goes to bed earlier than my kids!